Saturday, April 28, 2012

$5 Martinis.....and they don't skimp on the vodka either!

Location: Downtown Chicago
Time: Friday April 27, 2012 5:01 p.m.
Task: Locate bar serving cheap but delicious drinks, and then drink them.


After a rather stressful work week, my girlfriends and I were in agreement on one basic thing: we needed alcohol, in moderate to high quantities, and we needed it at the earliest possible moment after the clock struck 5 pm.  This got me thinking about all of the places within walking distance from the Merchandise Mart, and then I remembered! There was a place on Wells that I had visited before (with an ex-boyfriend who shall-not-be-named) and they had excellent martinis for only $5!

Said place is The Crepe Bistro & Martini Bar at 186 North Wells, and it has the perfect collection of martinis, ranging from the deliciously sweet to those of the stronger variety (think vodka with a splash of olive juice, yuck!!), and they're all priced for those who are monetarily challenged like myself.  The Bistro also has a fully stocked bar if you aren't in the mood for vodka. The ambience is super cute, with a fat, amiable man playing an accordion on a stool (just beware of the suspicious urn-looking vases that are on the wall next to a picture of a man who looks long-dead...... they might hold his ashes :-/).




My first drink of the evening, the Pomegranate Martini. Good, but not my fave... it was a little too sweet, and drink was "heavy" on the tongue.


Joy and Jessica both sipping the French Martini (vodka, pineapple juice and amaretto - THIS was my fave! Not too sweet, not too syrupy, just the perfect balance of juice and vodka....yummm.)



Monique looking cute with her Peach Martini.



 Audrey on a mission: girlfriend was serious and ordered vodka with olives as soon as we sat down!



And Brian, looking giddy over his "incredibly-rugged" Appletini. Don't worry Brian, we're not judging you. Men can drink Appletinis too :-)


2 comments:

  1. Fun post, thanks for the tip. I love Brian's picture & proud appletini face - and of course, love my girl Joy!

    ReplyDelete